Content

Meet the couple who have the longest marriage in the world |Meet Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher who have been married 87 years.

Friday, June 17, 2011


In this day and age, lasting marraiges, and that too, happy lasting marriage are so tough to find. My maternal grandparents spent 50 happy years together. Shortly after that, my grandfather passed away.

Needless to say, when I hear about marraiges that last, I feel a sense of immense happiness.

Meet Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher who have been married 87 years.

According to the story, they lived together through the Great Depression, World War II, the Korean War, Cuban Missile Crisis, and Vietnam. They saw the moon landing and their story is sweet and enduring and lovely. But it isn't romantic.

When asked why they decided to marry, it was because Zelmyra "did not give [Herbert] any trouble" and Herbert "was not much to look at ... [but] he was quiet and kind."

Click here to read the whole story, as well as some tips they share for a happy married life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio

Blog Archive